Join us for this wonderful upcoming event!
March 16th @ the Salem Museum 10am-2pm
Stay tuned for the upcoming book sale announcement!
Twice a year our branch hosts a book sale for the Roanoke community. Most of our members are involved with the book sale in one form of another, and we are very pleased to support the community in this way.
Also we are trying our hand at one day flash sales so sat tuned for announcements on special dates!
Support the Community
The proceeds earned from all book sale will fund scholarships that we award not only to high school girls, but to women who have decided to return to college for their degrees. We have used some of the proceeds to fund Help Save the Next Girl training and STEM conferences for girls in order to interest them in careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We also support our parent organization, AAUW, for their graduate school fellowships for women. We are proud of our work to provide educational opportunities for women and girls because we know how positively and how deeply this affects society in general.
We hope you will continue to support the AAUW Book Sale and look forward to seeing you again!
Location and Time
Roanoke, VA 24018
Friday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information e-mail email@example.com
or visit the Roanoke Valley Branch of AAUW Facebook Page
Scholarship applications are now available
Deadline for submission is March 8, 2019.
AAUW Roanoke Valley Branch funds the following scholarships for women who are:
- Currently enrolled students who will complete high school in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Currently enrolled students who will complete high school in the 2018-2019 academic year and have an interest in the nursing field, may have experience with ROTC and/or serving in the military reserves The Marci Buckles Tickle Memorial Scholarship for Women.
- 21 years or older and are high school graduates who have not previously obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- 21 years or older high school graduates and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) – The Myrtle and Norman Shifflett Scholarship for Women.
- Graduated from high school and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a career in the humanities. The Dorothy Kayser Provine Scholarship for Women.
For more information on our scholarships, please visit our scholarships page
AAUW Roanoke Valley Branch serves the community by providing various educational programs along the themes of Diversity, Public Policy, and International Awareness among others. Other programs are to build fellowship and community. Check out the program listing for more information about this year’s events.