The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW Roanoke Valley Branch funds the following scholarships for women who are:
- Currently enrolled students who will complete high school in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Currently enrolled students who will complete high school in the 2018-2019 academic year and have an interest in the nursing field, may have experience with ROTC and/or serving in the military reserves The Marci Buckles Tickle Memorial Scholarship for Women.
- 21 years or older and are high school graduates who have not previously obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- 21 years or older high school graduates and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) – The Myrtle and Norman Shifflett Scholarship for Women.
- Graduated from high school and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a career in the humanities. The Dorothy Kayser Provine Scholarship for Women.
Any woman matching the eligibility of one of the scholarships listed above and who resides in the Cities of Roanoke or Salem, the Town of Vinton, or the Counties of Roanoke, Botetourt or Craig may apply for a scholarship. Applicants who may qualify for more than one of the scholarships listed above can apply for only one.
Applications are available in area high school guidance departments, college or university financial offices and online using the application link below.
Please follow the directions in the application packet carefully. The following supplemental documents must be included with the completed application.
- Essay required by the scholarship for which you are applying
- Copy of official high school or college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Latest federal income tax form filed by you and, if you are listed as their dependent, your parent(s).
For questions about the scholarship application process, email Melody Blankenship or call 540-344-0313 or 540-556-7971.
Scholarship applications are now available Deadline for submission is APRIL 1st 2020. All scholarships MUST BE POSTMARKED BY April 1st 2020 for consideration.
2021 Scholarship APPLICATION HERE!